When you plan a wedding you start realizing most of it doesn’t get to have a personal flavor. It’s a lot of obligatory things for family or friends. Your first dance is different. It’s entirely up to you. Your dance can be traditional and sweet or something completely unique but in the end should be a reflection of you or your love story.
If you don’t spend your days listening to Ed Sheeran then you probably don’t want to use the top songs people are using these days. Alternative music is a great place to look for so songs that are more unique as a first dance while keeping it romantic. If you’re an alternative music fan then you should consider these 15 songs for your first dance.
1. “Only Exception” by Paramore
Album: Brand New Eyes
2. “For the First Time” by The Script
Artist: The Script
Album: Science & Faith
3. “Hanging by a Moment” by Lifehouse
Album: No Name Face
4. “Gimme All Your Love” by Alabama Shakes
Artist: Alabama Shakes
Album: Sound & Color
5. “I Would Do Anything For You” by Foster the People
6. “Nothing Compares 2 U” by Sinead O’Connor
7. “Africa” by Toto
8. “Here” by Hellogoodbye (Acoustic Cover)
9. “Fell in Love with a Girl” The White Stripes
10. “Fall For You” by Secondhand Serenade
11. “Dancing in the Moonlight” by Toploader
12. “Swing Life Away” by Rise Against
13. “Everlong” (acoustic) by Foo Fighters
14. “Baby I’m Yours” by Arctic Monkeys
15. “Shut up and Dance” by Walk the Moon
Your first dance is one of the few traditional things that can be customized. Pick a song that is on-brand to your relationship. It’s something you will never forget. If you can’t pick just one, talk to your DJ about making a mash-up for you!
Planning a wedding is the best and worst time of your life. So I wish you a lot of luck and a little extra love for a long the way. Enjoy the small moments.